OMG... Shoes!

I'm still up. I drank one too many iced caramel macciatos today. 

I had a busy day today. I spent six hours studying for my Property law final and a half hour on the phone with my mom. 

I'm getting used to the single life. I have my routine, I get up early, grab breakfast, and if I'm lucky enough to get up on time, I'll go for a run. For the first time in almost five years, I'm completely alone. Well, not completely I still have my friends and family, but no other half to worry about. I love the fact that I can watch a chic flick without begging Mr. Safety for permission. I can wear outrageously scandalous clothes and have a drink without someone shaking their finger in my face. 

I realize that in the five years I spent with Mr. Safety, I never once thought about us not being together. I never thought that I may need to work on my friendships because if he's not around, I'll need someone's shoulder to cry on. He was my best friend, boyfriend, counselor, and emergency contact all rolled into one. I never reached out because I didn't need to when I had my all-purpose Mr. Safety doll. Just pull him out and at the press of the button he's whatever I needed at the time. It's every girl's dream, right? To find a guy who can be everything she needs in one neat little package. That's what fashion is all about, finding the  perfect skirt to go with everything.  Minimalism is the new black.

Minimalism doesn't work that well when it comes to relationships. I have learned the hard lesson that relationships should be treated just like a good shoe collection. Diversify, diversify, diversify. You can never have too many shoes. High heeled conservative black leather pumps for work, red suede wedges for play, and leopard print d'orsays for late nights out on the town. Wearing one pair of shoes for everything will wear them down and cause a ton of discomfort. 

Kenneth Cole pleather pointed toe ballet flats, size 8.5. I bought them over a year ago because I needed shoes for work. I bought them right before the season started, so you know I paid way too much. Needless to say, I wore these shoes everywhere. Work, after work, date nights, and even church on Sundays. When I wasn't quite sure about which shoes to wear, I always new my strappy Kenneth Cole shoes would be a perfect fit.

Almost a year and a half later, my shoes are worn down to the heel. You can even see the bottom of the metal supports used to keep the shoe's frame a perfect 0.5 inches from the ground. 

I wore Mr. Safety to the ground. I wore him to the ground and woke up to a world where I didn't have any other pair of black ballet flats to turn to. I relied on him so much for all of my needs that I ended up alone and without a clue in the end. 

I'm getting used to changing shoes. I have so many new friends to spend time with and to call when shit hits the fan. I'm stepping out into a new world where I spend more time with the girl with the size 8.5 feet. (Which I might add, is quite a big size for someone 5' 2")

If the Shoe fits, wear it judiciously,

P. Manolos 
BTW- You know that feverish obsession I've had about the black suede pointy toed ankle boats with dress that hit just above the knee? Well,  I guess I'm psychic because the latest Vogue had pictures of nothing but celebs wearing... wait for it... ANKLE boots with sweet dresses that hit just below the knee. To top it off, they also stated the trend was perfect because it balances out the sweetness of spring with a bit of rock-n-roll edge. Gasp, I don't think I even need to subscribe anymore... :) 

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.