Lead Us Not Into Temptation....

Mr. Impossible.


My token guy friend and I discussed why Mr. Impossible is so, well... impossible. He told me that Mr. Impossible had perfected the technique of known as 'womanizing'. He knows exactly what strings to pull and when to let them go. I've been going crazy of him for a couple of months now, his vagueness, inability to commit and the pressure for me to do all of the "hey let's go out" plans. 

About over a month ago, I let go of Mr. Impossible. It was after I literally sent ten messages bitching about his lack of interest and his avoidance of spending any time with me. He would act interested and then disappear, giving me ridiculous excuse after excuse about how busy he was, how he was visiting family, etc. He even made up a great story about how his mother was in town on the same day and time we had plans to go out... two hours before my date. Not only was I dumped that evening, I had spent hours washing my hair when I could have just grabbed a carton of Dublin Mudslide ice cream and watched reruns of Sex and the City.

The Bible teaches us to stay away from temptation at all costs. The things we supposedly cannot live without- money, fame and men, are in fact traps the devil has created to snare us into an eternity filled with fire and brimstone. If you restrain from chasing after temptation, then you will reap the ultimate reward of cashing in on a small condo in heaven. Fail to resist temptation, and you'll end up in real estate hell.

With a push of the button, I gave into temptation today. After months of resistance, reminding myself that the guy is a total douche bag, and even indulging in a bit of black feminist rage, I wasted it all on one single word sent via IM:

Cleveland?

Sigh, how many Hail Marys do I need to absolve myself today?


P. Manolos 

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.