Today's Obsession

JCREW liquid gold-sequin skirt. $199.00 (only size left is a medium. don't you dare rush off and buy it til I get my order in!)

If you're a Sex and the City fan, you've seen a skirt similar to this one in the SATC movie on Samantha (except hers was a high-waist pencil skirt, knee skimming w/o the bow version). Sequins were big this fall and if my intuition is right, they aren't going away any time soon.  Unlike the sequins of the eighties, sequins today are more polished and versatile. They can go from the night out of town to a simple day look like the model has on here. It's also a friendly alternative to the full body sequin dress, something that many girls (except myself 3 years ago for Miss Marin Co. pageant. I looked fabulous!) can't pull off without looking like a drag queen.

My suggestions?

Daytime: Stay simple. A skirt like this doesn't need anything else to sparkle. For a clean day look, wear a neutral colored tank or sweater. Boots can overwhelm the look by cluttering up the lines of the skirt (this baby is meant to move) so try to wear heels or ballet flats.  No fluffy sweaters or heavy shirts that will weight down the outfit even more. Slap a blazer over the tank/t-shirt if you're too cold. Daytime make up should be understated and maybe spiced up with a clear gloss with a warm golden hue. This will draw in and reflect the light of the skirt without looking overdone. 

Night Out on the Town: For night, I suggest a sexy close fitting tank or halter top.  Simple earrings or a nice necklace will suffice for night time accessories. I daresay I would even wear a cute bustier/corset top with this skirt if I were going out in it. Please, don't try that at home because I'm an expert here and I really don't want to be held legally responsible for any fashion violations committed by a rookie.  Make-up should be sultry and over-the-top in the evening- I say this because the lighting at night makes it important to go that extra mile, no one is going to notice your make-up unless you take it up a notch. No, no default smoky eye here. Make-up will be highly contingent upon what top and jewelry you pair with this outfit, so the variables in this case will be endless.  Ask an expert before you try anything risky... 

We don't want you ending up looking like an over-the-top coked out, out of work Jcrew model walking the streets of the city in search for "work". 

XOXO

P. Manolos

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.