Poem of the Day

A Winter's Tale

Twilight comes early to tuck in the day's events
I sit upon a chassis of empty dreams, broken into by a thief- reality
Larceny, burglary, day or night is not a factor- someone has been here and gone
Pain fogs the edges of the windowpane, in plain sight for all to see
I shiver away the psychosis of femininity, of unrequited love and fairy tales
Covering my chair full of fantasies with sharp, stabbing icicles of faithless promises
Freezing the leftover pieces of a rancid heart- under cardiac arrest for fruitless romantic ambition
To love again, nay I say- it is nothing but a cool wind passing through the winter storm
It is nothing but a sinking feeling in my broken chair....
Sinking into the bottom of my soul without swimming, feeling our old romance without sensing 
Surviving but not thriving, wanting more but living in hunger
I sense the end is near on a cold, winter day
Burring into the depths until I am deaf to your severed soul
Drifting away from this life and bringing our winter tale to a close.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.