Today's Obsession (And probably for the rest of my life...)

Do you know what THIS is?

Deodorant is always free.

For those of you who guessed it was a coupon, you will receive a special, limited edition Pink Manolos pat on the back. I'm sure you are all puzzled as to why someone who professes an obsession with couture and designer fashion would post a picture of a coupon on her blog. Well, give me a chance to explain.

I used to clip coupons after I graduated from College. Not aggressively or with any rhyme or reason. I would just cut a few and then stick them in a coupon index somewhere. I laughed a few weeks ago when I found a random coupon from 2007. Oh the nativity.  I didn't really understand the power of a coupon until a few months back in Jan. (yes, even before the Extreme Coupon show).

I was out with a girlfriend shopping at target and I had casually clipped a few coupons from the paper and brought them with me. Nothing strategic, just a few coupons here and there to go with what I had already planned to buy at full price. I went up to the cashier and as soon as she said "you saved $30 dollars" I became hooked on coupons.

My coupon obsession began to grow like a snowball rolling down a steep wintry hillside. I went from a casual clipper to a strategic shopper in less than three weeks. I no longer find myself paying $100.00 for groceries. I cringe to think about all the money I wasted walking into the grocery store with no plan, no list, and worst of all, an empty stomach. You couldn't pay me to go into a grocery store without a plan, coupons, or even a chance to look at the weekly savings ad. At the same time, I refuse to buy more than what I can use in 6 months and when I have extra freebies, I plan to donate them to the YWCA downtown where there are a lot of needy families who would be able to use them.

Many of my friends at law school make fun of me, but I take comfort in the fact that they piss away their paychecks spending money on essentials I get for free or get paid to buy (will explain the process later). So, in honor of my new Obsession of the Day (and a lifetime) I'll include a few coupon posts here and there.  I'll always love designer couture. Now that I save so much money grocery shopping, I can turn the deodorant pictured above into something more chic, like this:

Delicious Pearl Chanel 5159 Black Women's Sunglasses.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.