Zimba



Haha. He has the funniest look on his face in this picture. He's got to be the most photogenic dog that ever lived.

A year ago, before I began law school, I wanted to buy a dog. My parents and my sister went off on me, telling me how it was such a bad idea. "You won't have time for him, you have to take care of him. Blah blah blah." I must admit, they were right about how hard it would be to take care of a dog. Zimba has had so many doctor's appointments, check ups, surgery (castration) and babysitting needs that I had to take care of all on my own. Let's not even mention how much it costs to feed and house him.

Our typical day together consists of me getting up early to let him go potty outside, eat breakfast, and if we're lucky, go for a jog. I put him in his crate and I feel guilty leaving him for the four-six hours I have to be at school for classes. I come home and we spend most of the evening studying and perhaps even watching tv.

He's got a great personality. Always looking to start a 'puppy fight' (this is when he and I will wrestle each other to the ground and bark incessantly until one of us cries uncle). He goes nuts if you even mention the word "walk". When I'm crying or feeling down, he comes by and licks my tears away and cuddles right up to my chest and falls asleep.

My only fear is the day we have to inevitably part ways. He's a dog, and like all animals, has a short life expectancy of 10 maybe 15 years tops. I think that was my biggest fear getting another dog- going through the process of losing him to old age.


All good things in life must come to an end. The key is to enjoy them while we can.

Puppy Love,

P. Manolos

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.