Up in the Gym Just Workin' On My Fitness

Warm weather has finally arrived in the Midwest. It's been a long winter and you can tell by the eager undergrads in flip flops and the sea of "jhorts" (jean shorts) that spring has finally arrived.

With the arrival with spring comes the realization that you have packed on plenty of weight during the winter. I think it's only natural since our prehistoric ancestors didn't have the luxury of running to Macys to buy a fur coat when it got cold.

So I too, like the prehistoric divas before me have gained a few pounds during the winter. Not to mention the mandatory "love chub" we all get once we settle down into stable relationships. I've started running again and have attempted to reign in my runaway diet. Not soon enough, unfortunately, for Spring Break in CA next week. 

So here's my list of fitness and diet commitments I plan to make this spring/summer to keep myself on the right track.

  1. Exercise 5 days a week. Zimba and I love to go for jogs, so I have the added incentive of getting him some exercise. 
  2. No pop. I usually don't drink pop anyways but definitely make sure that never gets back into my diet again.
  3. Eating Breakfast daily- Eating breakfast is a great way to cut down on binge eating during lunch to catch up. I find that I'm usually starving and ready to eat horribly if I don't take time to eat lunch.
  4. Less Sugar- I'm trying to drink coffee without sugar and cream- both add unnecessary calories
  5. Staying flexible- I'm trying not to punish myself too much for going astray every once in a while.

7 Days 'Til Paradise,

P. Manolos

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.