Obsession of the Day















Red lipstick. Does anyone ever remember how red lipstick was such an evil thing for a woman to wear? Red lipstick was for harlots! Women of ill-repute! Terrible! Horrible! Red lipstick promotes promiscuity, public indecency and the general downfall of all mankind.

You do, however, know you are an expert at makeup if you can go to CVS/Walgreens and buy a tube of red lipstick without trying it on and pick the perfect shade. I passed that test two weeks ago and I'm still enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Before you shake your head and think I'm crazy, let me explain to you why red lipstick is a necessary part of your daily cosmetic diet. Red lipstick instantly dresses you up for any occasion. If you don't have time to apply layers of make-up, blush, and eyeliner can rest easy with a tube of rich red lipstick.

So, are you intrigued? Well let me give you a few tips on how to wear this classic trend:

  1. If you have never purchased a tube of red lipstick, please be sure to stop by a cosmetics counter in a department store and have an attendant help you. Red lipstick is a difficult purchase because how intricate underlying skin tones can change the way the lipstick looks on you. I choose red lipstick with a cooler base tone to compliment my skin color. A cool base also adds the perception of white teeth.
  2. Lip liner is crucial- It will help your lipstick color last longer and provides a good foundation.
  3. Minimal make-up. You don't want to look like a whore.
  4. Just have fun!
I've got to get back to my real life, also known as law school.

Seeing Red,

P. Manolos

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.