The Sinking Feeling



"I have no interest in sailing around the world. Not that there is any lack of requests for me to do so." 

Edward Heath 


Song of the Day- Miles Away- Madonna Hard Candy

Life can take so many twists and turns. There are some days where you float along the river of life with ease and then there are those days where you feel like someone just sunk your battleship. 

My family has finally rallied around me. Of course it took the advice of an almost complete stranger to make them realize what I was going through with school, but I'm grateful for the reality check no matter who the messenger may be.

I'm drifting along figuring out what's lurking inside of me. I'm 23, single African-American woman working hard in law school to obtain a future career as a lawyer. Oh, I also have a nasty shoe habit I still haven't found a rehab group to join (btw, go see Confessions of a Shopaholic, it's no Slumdog but it's a feel-good movie). My environment reflects the way I feel at the moment. If the dishes are dirty and my closets aren't scattered with clothing, that usually means something is rocking my world and I'm not quite right today. Order=Happiness, Chaos=Strife. 

Well, needless to say my closet is a mess. Both my winter closet and summer closet look like a tsunami washed everything off the rack. Mr. Passion has moved out and moved on. The ship has sailed. My heart tinges a bit, it feels too soon.... I guess too soon for me, I felt like what we had meant something. Something that should be given a beautiful ceremony at sea and a prerequisite mourning period... 

There was a wise man that said if you truly love someone you must learn to let them go. I only wish him a safe journey with his new found destination. 


Shipwrecked

P. Manolos

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.