After the Rain

Last night we had a thunderstorm of epic proportions. I woke up around 4am to listen to the thunder and lightening outside. I felt like God was walking around the earth throwing together a bunch of trash can lids trying to get my attention. The thunderstorm was so loud that I ended up waking up the dog just to see if he was afraid of it to (the answer is no clearly).

A little over two weeks until school starts and I've got a lot of resting ahead of me. I'm doing to-do lists each day to keep on top of the things that need to get done before I start classes. I'm also trying to restrain myself from signing up for more classes than I can handle.

There's also the issue of finding a job next year. I have nights where I wake up and find myself nervous about whether I have a future at all in the legal field. Then I realize I need to just shake it off and try my hardest to control the aspects of the job search I actually can influence. I was in the same position last year, nervous about finding a job and wondering if anything will ever pan out for me. Well guess what? I got probably the best summer experience out of any second year student I know.



I should have let all my fears wash away with the rain last night... a better usage for them would have been fertilizer for the front yard.

Rain, Rain, Go Away,

P. Manolos

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pink Manolos. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.